But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. (John 14:26)
- Jesus was going away. He told His disciples very soon He would not be with them. He would be arrested, betrayed, condemned and crucified. Jesus was going away to die, be raised to life and ascend back to the Father.
- But the disciples were not to worry. Jesus would not leave His disciples alone. His Father would send them the Holy Spirit in His name to live in them and to be with them. The Holy Spirit would be a successor of Jesus in His teaching of the disciples. The Holy Spirit, the Comforter, Teacher, and Helper would minister to the disciples when Jesus left. He would teach them all things from the Word. He would give them the complete understanding of God’s Word.
- The Holy Spirit would only teach what Jesus taught. Jesus had brought the fullness of revelation. He had given us all we need to know. The Holy Spirit would continue to bring to mind the things about Christ.
- As we open the Bible to read or study, the Spirit of Truth is with us to guide us into all truth. On our own we are blind, but through the guidance of God’s Holy Spirit we can see.
- We thank you Holy Spirit, because you are dwelling in our hearts and transforming us into the likeness of Jesus.