Jealousy




When I was small, I used to think that the world was so cruel and unfair; some people were born unlucky and would continue to be unlucky.

Some people were born into a rich family, others were born very poor; some people are born healthy and strong, others were born with disabilities and weaknesses; some people were born beautiful and intelligent, others were born ugly and stupid; some people were born protected and supported, others were born wild and unleaded.

Sometimes I had this combination of feelings of jealousy and resentment towards those who were born lucky and blessed. Sometimes I was angry at their complacency and indifference towards what they had been bestowed. If only I could have half they got, I would have made better decisions for my life.

And I thought this sense of jealousy was good for me. It spurred me on to hope of great things; it encouraged me to greater achievements; it moved me to better improve myself; it emboldened me to face the most painful and trying struggles; and it taught me not to give up easily.

And so I continued to have hope of great things, and I always told myself that if there is a will, there is always a way. And I strove to spend much time and effort to achieve my dreams. I had endured the many struggles in life. I had fallen enough times but I had stood up again! I was not to give up easily.

God is kind and God is fair. What we need to do is yield to Him. At any stage of our life, and in whatever situation we are in, the all-knowing and all-seeing God is waiting for us to draw near to Him to ask from Him, and He will be ready to help us.

I am what I am because of the grace and mercy of God. I am not rich, or poor; I am not clever, or dumb; I am not handsome, or ugly; I am not well protected, or wild. But I am definitely lucky, and well blessed. And I am happy, and contented.

I continue to be jealous of others, and I continue to be jealous of myself.

And that's life. Yet I am happy with myself.

God is definitely kind and fair.

4 comments:

  Anonymous

March 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM

It is in our nature to want what other people have whether we admit it or not. But some people cannot control their emotions and it affects their reasoning. Jealousy is blinding them..

  Yeo KeeHui

March 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM

It is normal for us to get jealous of others. But this should encourage us to improve ourselves and live a better life.

  Unknown

March 21, 2011 at 1:15 AM

we are human and jealousy is one way to confirm it, otherwise we don't have something to worry about.

  Yeo KeeHui

March 21, 2011 at 8:50 PM

The fact that we are jealous is a sign that we are human, and there is nothing to worry about that. It is what and how we want to do about it that is our concern.

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.